YouTube (if applicable)
If the Customer provided a YouTube channel in their Onboarding submission, we will need to connect it.
To connect TownSites and YouTube, Select Social Feed → YouTube Options from the left-hand menu.
To connect to YouTube:
- The API Key Required field should already have a key in it. This key should work fine for our new channel.
- Paste your YouTube Channel ID you saved while creating the channel into the YouTube Channel ID field.
The Add your own API Key box should remain checked.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green Save All Changes button.
Next, we will grant TownSites permission to post on YouTube.
Select Social Auto Poster → Settings from the left-hand menu.
- Click the tab at the top, then scroll down to the YouTube API Settings box.
- The App ID/API Key and App Secret should already be filled in for you, but in order to post on YouTube we will also need an Access Token. To obtain this, click the Retrieve Access Token button on the bottom left of the box.
- A new tab appears. Log into the TownSites Public Google account (see Logging In) if you haven’t done so already.
- Under Choose your account or a brand account, click the YouTube channel you created.
- A safety warning will appear. This is normal, just click Continue. Then click Allow.
- Copy the Access Token that appears on the next page (including the
- Back at the TownSite Dashboard, paste the Access Token into the Paste access token here field. Click Grant Permissions.
The page will refresh. If you visit the YouTube API Settings box again, you will notice a new message that says “You already granted extended permissions.” This indicates that everything worked correctly.
TownSites and YouTube should now be connected.